Public viewing became the main event of the festival: in the evening of September 1, simultaneously with the show in the theater, the opera was shown on the square in the city center — thus more viewers were able to see the production. On this day, public screenings of the opera was held throughout the Luhansk region — this regional event takes place not far from the territories where hostilities take place, and it became a symbol of hope for peace and mutual understanding.
About 300 guests from the Lugansk region and other parts of Ukraine, Germany, Belarus, Poland, Armenia, and Latvia came to Severodonetsk for four festival days. All of them were able to feel the power of participation in the international, crosscultural and multilingual project that aims to destroy mental and any other barriers that exist in society.
Lyudmila Dolgonovskaya, Project Curator for Public Communication
Tatiana Plis, Dramaturg at the Luhansk Regional Academic Ukrainian Music and Drama Theater
Ganna Borova, Reconciliation and Social Cohesion Adviser, Luhansk Region UNDP
Anna Kazakova, Project Manager
Head of the project "Music Overcomes Walls"
Peter Schwartz, Chairman of VladOpera e.V.
Thursday, August 30th | Opening
- Arrival of guests
- Opening of the Festival
- Opera "Don Giovanni" / communication with the locals and other guests of the festival, walking city tours
Friday, August 31 | Acquaintance with Severodonetsk
- Visiting various organizations, walking city tours
- Discussion "Life "before","during" and "after"(open event)
- Press conference (open event)
- Networking, a rock concert with the participation of music groups from the Lugansk region (open event)
Saturday, September 1 | "Music Overcomes Walls — Don Giovanni "
- Introduction to the "Don Giovanni" production: meeting with the stage director, conductor, other participants of the artistic and production team (open event)
- Exhibition-Fair on the Boulevard of Friendship of Peoples (open event)
- Public Viewing: Opera "Don Giovanni". open-air screening of the opera, picnic, networking (open event)
Sunday, September 2 | "Closing"
- Meeting with the artistic and production team, soloists, musicians: discussion about the production (open event)
- Festival Closing
- Departure of guests
Luhansk Regional State Administration
The United Nations Development Programme
VladOpera e.V. (Germany)
Luhansk Regional Academic Ukrainian Music and Drama Theater
Luhansk Regional Philharmonic